Statement of Faith
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself is the sole and final source of all that we believe. Active Outdoor Men believes that our Statement of Faith accurately represents the teachings of the Bible and therefore, is binding upon all members. All literature, whether print or electronic, used in our mission shall be in complete agreement with this Statement of Faith. If there are any conflicts regarding interpretation of the Statement of Faith, then the Board of Directors shall have the final authority over making adjustments or updates.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Our Statement of Faith concerns the Person and Work of Jesus Christ (the Gospel) revealed in Scripture. It is the faith once delivered to the saints (Jude 2, Eph. 4:5) which distinguishes believers from non-believers. There are many other precious truths taught in the Bible over which godly men have diered in understanding. Therefore, this is not a statement of all that is important to believe, but of all that is essential to believe for Christian fellowship and unity (Rom. 15:7).
Any board member, staff, Executive Director, or volunteer of Active Outdoor Ministries, Inc. believes in one God, the Father, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God. He died, and was buried; and on the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures; and ascended into Heaven, and sits on the right hand of the Father; and He shall come again, with glory, His Kingdom shall have no end; and in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of Life; who proceeds from the Father and the Son; who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified.
1. The Authority of the Scriptures – We believe the Bible to be the verbally inspired and only infallible Holy Word of God. (II Tim. 3:16, II Peter 1:20-21).
2. We believe God is one being who eternally exists as three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All of the persons are equal in power and glory (Matt. 28:19, II Cor. 13:14).
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was wholly man and wholly (and Holy) God. That He lived and dwelt among us as a man, but also is eternal as the sole God. (1 Timothy 3:16, Hebrews 4:15)
4. We believe all humans are sinful by nature (Rom. 3:23, 5:12) and can only be forgiven by repentance and statement of trust in Jesus as Savior (John 3:16), brought about by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5-7).
5. We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:1-17).
6. We believe that faith in Jesus Christ is the only way for salvation and that He is the only path to Heaven. (John 3:16 & John 14:6).
7. We believe that the church is not a building, but is people that together makes up the body of Christ. The universal church consists of all those who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. (Romans 16:5, Ephesians 1:22-23, 1 Corinthians 12:13).
8. We believe in the second coming of Christ, i.e., that Jesus will return for his bride, The Church, and we will all live in Heaven with God forever.
9. We believe that we should demonstrate love for others, not only toward fellow believers, but also toward those who are not believers, those who oppose us, and those who engage in sinful actions. We are to deal with those who oppose us graciously, gently, patiently, and humbly. God forbids the stirring up of strife, the taking of revenge, or the threat or use of violence as a means of resolving personal conflict or obtaining personal justice. Although God commands us to abhor sinful actions, we are to love and pray for any person who engages in such actions. (Lev. 19:18; Matt. 5:44–48; Luke 6:31; John 13:34–35; Rom. 12:9–10; 17–21; 13:8–10; Phil. 2:2–4; 2 Tim. 2:24–26; Titus 3:2; 1 Peter 3:8–9; 1 John 3:17–18).